Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume Source Packaging is looking for a strong tooling leader who will be specifically focused on designing and testing the next generation of tool designs. The right candidate for this role will have a tool design and leadership background in the thermoforming or pulp and paper industry and be highly skilled, highly self-motivated and highly passionate about forming the innovation pipeline for our molded fiber products. In this role, you will work closely with our Material Science, New Product Development, Revenue and Production teams to develop, plan, and execute Zume’s mission-critical initiatives in tool designs. By joining the early stages of our hyper-growth organization, you’ll play an integral part in building the future of our packaging division.
What You'll Do
The Director of Tooling will be responsible for the overall tooling function as it relates to tool building and prototype manufacturing. You will have the opportunity to develop a roadmap in partnership with the VP of Innovation/ Product Development that will focus on the evolution of tooling technology. In addition, you will successfully develop and oversee the creation of tooling technology that eliminates offline trimming and that reduces energy cost by 30% in a 12 month period. This person will play a pivotal role in building our market strategy with the product development, as well as partner with R&D to ensure we are one step ahead in key tooling innovations. Lastly, you will have the opportunity to build and manage a world class team of technicians, prototype engineering, production tooling, and printing technians.
Who You Are
- 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible work experience with at least 5+ years in tool development and/or process disciplines
- 5-7 years of leadership experience (managing teams reporting to you)
- Proven track record in 3D printing, tool innovation, design and manufacturing
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Strong knowledge of Tool Making and Development process, along with understanding how to build an efficient Tool Shop.
- Strong project management skills; excellent organizational skills with ability to focus on details
- Logical and creative thinker; excellent problem-solving skills
- Capable of effective communication, both oral and written
- Results orientation; energetic; demonstrates ownership
- Inquisitive mind; actively keeps abreast of new and developing technologies inside and outside of the industry
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative business solutions; good judgment and decision-making process
- Ability to travel
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.