Who We Are
Zume is engineering the world's transition to a sustainable food future by creating a “sustainability fabric” of technology solutions designed to make the food supply chain smarter and more connected to help brands move food closer to demand, improve efficiency and reduce waste.
We're innovating in the fields of AI/ML, predictive analytics, IoT, Robotics, power technology, logistics, and more.
Zume’s solutions include Zume Forward, which helps food companies predict demand and deploy food and goods where people want them; Zume Source, which provides economically superior and more sustainable alternatives for how food is grown, transported, prepared and packaged; and Zume Culinary, which optimizes cuisines for food delivery customers.
As Facilities Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for providing facilities and production support to a premier manufacturing facility. You will be working as part of a diverse team of engineers, technicians, and production personnel to ensure that manufacturing equipment and building operations are running efficiently, effectively, and to the highest level of quality standards. You will also support the development, installation and integration of new equipment and machinery that has been designed to improve product quality, cost, and manufacturability.
What You'll Do
- Drive activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction and operational equipment and electrical infrastructure conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Assist in troubleshooting of production equipment and facilities issues and repairs to ensure the rapid return to acceptable operational levels in a timely manner. Extensive application of root cause and corrective action methodologies.
- Technical contributor to the development of electrical projects, specifications and schedules at the facility and equipment level.
- Develop, assess, and modify complex Electrical schematics, layouts and procedure for equipment and facilities infrastructure.
- Propose alternative electrical system concepts in collaboration with other electrical, mechanical and software engineers, to meet production requirements and evaluate alternatives based on risk, product cost, performance, safety, and reliability considerations.
- Recognize and report problems affecting successful completion of projects and is active in suggesting or effecting solution.
- Ensure that design implementation, test, and maintenance methods and processes are developed and executed in a manner that supports quality and safety standards, whether designed in-house, or utilizing suppliers
- Complete design documentation and Engineering Change Orders, as required.
- Participate in system requirements and design reviews with internal and external stakeholders (suppliers) as required.
- Develop risk assessments and long-term plans for critical facilities and equipment. Participate in the development of strategic plan to upgrade existing facilities.
- Work with vendors and contractors, overseeing the work and ensuring that it is performed properly and safely.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Facilities Engineering required, Master’s degree is a plus
- 4+ years of experience in supporting a large-scale production facility
- Strong experience in the construction, commissioning, acceptance and operation of critical facilities and equipment systems, including electrical distribution systems, HVAC systems, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems
- Strong knowledge of energy efficiency principals and the ability to recommend energy efficiency improvement
- Sound analytical and communication skills essential
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, G Suite, Visio, CAD software and other collaborative tools. Working knowledge of applicable local and state codes, standards, procedures, policies, and regulations
- Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Ability to travel up to 15% (on occasion) to Zume offices and factory sites
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision and 75% for you and your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.