Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume’s award winning Packaging design portfolio is the biggest innovation in delivery packaging since the mini pizza table. This division is looking for an expert in supply planning. This role will be responsible to build 18-month supply plan, review projected inventory positions and communicate supply plan to all stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Analyze forecasts and demand signals in order to determine supply commitments that support business goals, and supply inventory targets
- Work with Demand Planning team to maintain appropriate levels of inventory
- Manage starting material requirements and allocation to factories to optimize production plans
- Collaborate with manufacturing to determine optimal method (efficiency improvements, cycle time, improve inventory levels) to resolve shortfalls in the supply plan
- Improve existing data analysis tools and design new tools to support the team’s ability to make quick, informed decisions and recommendations
- Develop an understanding of the different businesses within the company in order to anticipate flexibility required in current capacity and proactively support future business strategies
- Build relationships across the company’s supply chain that can be leveraged to drive decision making and acceptance of the recommended course of action
- Process Improvement Initiatives – represent Supply Planning team in cross-functional/process improvement efforts; System Testing & Improvement Support (SAP, BI)
Who You Are
- BS Degree required; Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management preferred
- 6+ years of manufacturing capacity planning and/or supply chain experience
- Strong computing skills with proficiency in data/query tools and large scale data manipulation
- Experience working with ERP systems (preferable Netsuite or SAP)
- Good analytical, process, and communication skills
- Ability to interface with management, engineering, planning and factory representatives, both internal and external, on all issues relating to capacity and the production planning
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing tasks effectively
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What We Offer
- 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and and highly subsidized coverage for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- The opportunity to work with an incredible, supportive, hardworking team that's change the way we think about food
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.