Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume’s award winning Packaging design portfolio is the biggest innovation in delivery packaging since the mini pizza table. This division is looking for a strong expert in demand planning. The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for managing the sales forecasting and demand planning processes of Zume Source Packaging which include activities such as building historical baselines, calculating baseline forecasts, working with the commercial team to establish incremental forecasts for promotions, and other marketing events; as well as build assumption based projections for new product launches or product extensions. This role will manage and facilitate the sales forecasting activities, and the Demand Review Meetings on a periodic basis. In addition, the role is expected to manage and maintain all demand planning related tools, and historical data repositories. The successful candidate will be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be motivated by a fast-paced start-up environment and will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep.This role will work across the team and its customers to align on a short and long-range demand plan and will contribute to our Sales and Operations Process for production capacity across our network.
What You'll Do
- Manage and maintain forecast models and tools. Continually improve statistical forecasting models and methodology for both mature and new product launches; accountable for Forecast Accuracy (via MAPE) improvement
- Lead the sales forecasting and demand planning process through interface with Sales, Marketing, Planning & Finance to ensure timely development of an agreed upon forecast which ties to financial projections
- Lead the monthly forecast collaboration meetings with key account team leaders; review prior month’s forecast accuracy and assess rolling 12 months forward forecast
- Provide input in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Develop and implement tools and processes to improve forecast capabilities, efficiency and accuracy (i.e. MAPE); perform root cause analysis; articulate Risk & Opportunity assessment to tie into latest top-line estimates
- Manage and facilitate the sales forecasting process, demand planning process and Demand Review Meetings as part of Sales and Operations Planning
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with commercial team and commercial team leadership through excellent listening and communication skills to ensure an effective sales forecasting process
- Build new product launch or extension forecasts to support company growth and submit accurate demand projections to supply chain
- Establish continuous communication with supply planning and master production scheduling to provide information on daily/ weekly changes to demand
- Drive a culture of exception management by proactively identifying major issues and opportunities around demand and supply
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience statistical forecasting, demand planning in CPG industry and manufacturing
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role, able to coach and mentor
- Demonstrated experience with statistical forecasting tools such as DemandWorks, Logility, SAS, JDA, Manugistics
- Experience gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, and developing final recommendations
- Experience working with ERP systems (preferable Netsuite or SAP)
- Experience in SIOP scenario planning
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
- Proven leadership skills with strong written and verbal communication skills to work internally and externally at all levels of management and with peers
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including strong working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to travel up to 25%
What We Offer
- 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and and highly subsidized coverage for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- The opportunity to work with an incredible, supportive, hardworking team that's change the way we think about food
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.