Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume’s award winning Packaging design portfolio is the biggest innovation in delivery packaging since the mini pizza table. This division is looking for a strong expert to lead equipment and machine tooling procurement & strategic sourcing function responsible for all strategic and operational aspects of manufacturing equipment tooling business needs. The Tooling Procurement Manager is a key member of the Procurement team and will play an essential role in continuously improving sourcing, domestic & global equipment tool making machines, tool sourcing from partners, establishing strategic relationships and manage end to end tool contracting, cost optimization, achieving 5 star customer service, and expertly serving the many and diverse needs of the businesses of Zume, reporting to the Director of Procurement.
What You'll Do
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
- Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
- Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
Who You Are
- Proven work experience as an equipment and tooling sourcing manager or procurement manager
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain strategic partner and networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures, strong analytical and cost analysis skills and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions for business
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Deep understanding of equipment and / or tooling Procurement and manufacturing environment
- 5+ years of experience, Procurement related financial & quantitative analysis
- Ability to work in a multifunctional environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to integrate data from different sources and make reasonable conclusions in an environment of demanding deadlines and time frames
- Understanding of the structure and functionality in the integrated systems architecture. Knowledge and skill on databases and planning systems is required
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Category spend & Contract management
- Strong project management skills, Strategic and operational procurement
- Cross group collaboration experience: easily connecting and building bridges with counterparts within different parts of the organization
- Ability to travel, approximately 15 - 20%
What We Offer
- 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and and highly subsidized coverage for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- The opportunity to work with an incredible, supportive, hardworking team that's change the way we think about food
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.