Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
What You'll Do
The Robotics Engineer in the Hardware Engineering team will work on developing robotic and vision systems for high volume manufacturing facilities. He/She will be responsible for managing the integration of robotic equipment along side that of automated machines equipped with precision tooling, requiring precise robotic pick and place operations. The robotic engineer will work closely with the Controls Engineer to ensure tracking of tags and handshaking with a master PLC. All programming must be compliant with an MES system and focused on good commenting/tag ID practices. He/she must be able to work in parallel with multiple robots on multiple independent lines from power-on to validation. The ability to travel frequently, sometimes internationally, is required.
Existing robotic equipment refinement:
- Optimize and improve existing processes to maximize manufacturing facility throughput and up time.
- Characterize and validate automated processes using a data driven statistical approach such as Capacity test, Capability test (DOE, Gage R&R, Cpk, Ppk, etc)
New equipment or intelligent appliance development:
- Develop and debug Fanuc robots with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable.
- Comply with the company safety procedures. Live the company culture of integrity and professional competence.
- Maintain records pertinent to each project in the form of time, sketches, and detailed software backups per each revisions change.
- Write user manuals to communicate functionality of company developed programs
- Introduce automated processes into production, and train and equip Sustaining Team to support automated equipment after deployment into production
The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail. He/She appreciates an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility. He/She looks forward to learning an incredible amount on the job.
Minimum Education Requirement for the position offered
BS/MS Electrical Engineering (or equivalent – Majors in Computer Science, Automation Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering)
Minimum Experience Requirement
Minimum of 3 years of experience as a hands-on Controls Engineer working on automation equipment system in high volume manufacturing environment.
Special skills/ other requirements
- Strong ability in Fanuc
- Strong ability with Vision Systems (e.g. Cognex, Keyence)
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting control system issues
- Understanding of mechanical constraints and interfaces with pick and place operations
- Ability to work with a variety of vacuum systems integrated with end of arm tooling
- Ability to travel 10% of the time to other Factories and Offices
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision and 75% for you and your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.