Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
This Technician will work with the mechanical, electrical, and controls engineering teams to assist with a broad range of work. Position will troubleshoot equipment controls components such as PLC, HMI, servo drives, and six axis robots. Will also troubleshoot mechanical components such as pumps and valves in regard to hydraulic, pneumatic, and vacuum systems.
Equipment Monitoring, Maintenance, and Improvement:
- Optimize and improve existing automated processes to maximize manufacturing facility throughput and up time.
- Assist with electrical cabinet builds, field wiring, pneumatic and fluid plumbing.
- Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications.
- Design system test plans and execute equipment validation tests.
- Debug ladder logic PLC code that will interact with subsystems such as conveyors, robots, machine vision, and 3rd party equipment or appliance.
- Comply with the company safety procedures. Live the company culture of integrity and professional competence.
- Debug HMI Screens and provide suggestions for improving screen aesthetics and clarity of error code feedback.
- Maintain records pertinent to each project or task in the form of time, sketches, drawings specifications, electrical bill of material, etc.
- Add comments to user manuals to improve functionality or clarity of company developed procedures.
- Train and equip Sustaining Team to support automated equipment after deployment into production.
- The ideal candidate takes pride in his/her hands-on work, analytical ability, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Looking for individuals that appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and where individuals carry tremendous responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a hands-on Maintenance Engineer or Engineering Tech working on automation equipment and/or Industrial Manufacturing.
- 2 year technology degree focusing on mechanical or electrical skills OR 5 years of direct industry experience in lieu of a degree
- Special skills/ other requirements
- Familiar with Logic Controllers (PLC) (e.g. Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Mitsubishi)
- Experience with Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and Vacuum systems.
- Comfortable with shift rotations
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting manufacturing equipment issues
- Ability to travel 10% of the time to other offices or company factories
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Paid Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.