Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Logistics Analyst is a key member of the Logistics team and will support the Transportation Manager and Data Scientists in analyzing product flow and developing process plans for various Logistics activities associated with sourcing, operations, and logistics.
This position will work closely with Transportation Manager and Data Scientists to translate department strategy into specific roadmaps, develop and produce key performance indicators and metrics for measuring progress and produce reporting and data analysis that enables management to take action on findings and recommendations.
In addition, the Logistics Analyst will be assigned a key role in projects and in some cases, will lead. They will be responsible for coordinating between internal departments and external suppliers. They will ensure all assigned projects are completed on schedule and meet the expectations of the various stakeholders.
What You'll Do
- Maintain detailed and accurate logistics data for daily, weekly, and quarterly reports including usage metrics, customer issues and resolutions, training records, work logs, and schedule documentation
- Audit and report the expense of international and domestic transportation versus budgeted amounts through weekly and monthly reporting
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customers' key personnel involved in or directly relevant to a logistics activity
- Participate in the assessment and review of design alternatives and design change proposal impacts
- Explain proposed solutions to customers, the management through written proposals and oral presentations
- Report project plans, progress, and results
- Develop and implement technical project management tools such as plans, schedules, and responsibility for compliance matrices
- Continuing analysis of freight data, which can be used to negotiate additional discounts
- Review logistics performance with stakeholders against targets, benchmarks and service agreements
- Work to improve the logistics process by negotiating with suppliers and customers, increasing efficiency, reducing unnecessary steps, and creating innovative solutions for logistical issues.
- Analyze the financial impact of logistical processes and proposed changes to determine maximum efficiency in terms of routing, transportation modes, and resources while continuing to meet customer requirements.
- Maintain detailed and accurate logistics data for daily, weekly, and quarterly reports
Who You Are
- Proficient in computer databases, statistic applications and logistics programs
- 5+ years of experience in the logistics industry or related industry
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. SAP or Netsuite)
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g.inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Strong analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Daily catered lunch
- Flexible time off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.