Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is looking for individuals who will be responsible for developing and executing plans to launch innovation and product development within the packaging business unit. You will organize and lead cross-functional teams to drive successful outcomes, bridging business strategy with operational implementation. You will be a leader and facilitator; are driven, organized and detail oriented; excel in program/ project management; communicate effectively at all levels; thrive in an ambiguous environment; are adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; manage through relationships and influence: and display grace under fire.
What You'll Do
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams in a high velocity, change-intensive environment
- Drive the “how” of execution, developing the necessary plans to deliver cross-functional projects, and manage R&D projects to successful delivery -- on-time, on-budget, and with high quality
- Ensure ownership and accountability for deliverables, in partnership with different functional and business teams
- Proactively identify, report, and mitigate risks, issues, and dependencies
- Be a changemaker. Actively improve existing systems and structures by offering best practices and innovative ideas… then implement them!
Who You Are
- Experience in operations, project, or product management
- Extensive knowledge of project and program management tools, templates, and techniques
- Strong business and operations acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate operations concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audience
- Exceptional problem solver and negotiator, with the ability to work across organizational boundaries to drive closure of complex delivery challenges
- Strong written and verbal communicator, with the confidence and credibility to effectively engage senior and executive management
- Successful in managing cross-functional teams in a high-velocity environment
- Experienced in managing relationships with vendors, partners, and customers
- Analytical and collaborative in your approach to everything
- Energized by tackling hard problems and breaking new ground
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and thrive with new challenges
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering or equivalent practical experience
- PMP or Master’s Degree in related field preferred
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.