Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Do you love to find new ways to solve old problems in a high-energy environment with an inspiring team of innovators, driven to tackle seemingly impossible challenges? Are you someone who shines under pressure? Are you highly organized and detail-oriented and believe in working smarter not harder? Then keep reading.
The Staff Accountant, reporting to the Assistant Controller, will join Zume’s growing Finance & Accounting team. This is an important role for the organization’s growth as you will be integral to improving and maintaining the company’s daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close processes. You participate in Zume’s ERP systems administration and maintenance and be part of the team that is building out robust global accounting processes in support of our evolving businesses.
The Staff Accountant is hands-on and passionate about the value of ongoing process improvement by leveraging technology and cross-functional partnerships.
What You'll Do
- Assist in the daily, monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- Assist in balance sheet reconciliations and income statement flux variance analysis for management reporting
- Assist in the financial reporting process and in producing US GAAP compliant consolidated financial statements
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Participate in other ad hoc business process and systems improvements, with a goal toward automation and efficiency, including the design, implementation and maintenance of key systems, internal controls, global close efficiency, audit readiness, and management reporting
- Support external compliance reporting, including financial statement audits and investor/creditor reporting
- Other special projects as assigned
Who You Are
- 2+ years of corporate accounting and/or public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent major; CPA a plus
- Working proficiency in NetSuite, SAP or equivalent accounting software a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, always-on environment
- Self-starter with the ability to act and operate independently; natural curiosity to take on new challenges and responsibility
- Analytical with high attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude, showing a willingness to learn new concepts in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.