Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Do you love to find new ways to solve old problems in a high-energy environment with an inspiring team of innovators, driven to tackle seemingly impossible challenges? Are you someone who shines under pressure? Are you highly organized and detail-oriented and believe in working smarter not harder? Then keep reading.
The Purchasing Manager, reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, will join Zume’s growing Finance team. This is a critical role for the organization’s growth as you will be focused on developing and managing procurement policies and processes across multiple evolving business lines. You will work closely with our business finance leads and procurement teams to optimize the procurement processes and systems for each business line while maintaining consistent best practices company-wide. All the while teaming with our accounts payable function to ensure seamless payment execution of purchased goods and services.
The Purchasing Manager is hands-on and passionate about the value of ongoing process improvement by leveraging technology and cross-functional partnerships.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate and oversee company-wide purchasing and vendor management policy, processes and practices
- Tightly align with operations purchasing function leads to facilitate efficient sourcing and buying, including items and SKU lists management
- Tightly align with corporate payment functions to streamline purchase order processing to facilitate timely and accurate vendor payments
- Initiate and drive procure to pay process improvements and best practices for greater accuracy, financial control, and efficiency
- Advise operations management on vendor contracting, retention and risk management strategies
- Assist in developing effective invoicing and collecting processes
- Support Finance and Operations leadership in any ad hoc projects as needed
Who You Are
- 7+ years progressive experience in corporate Purchasing roles
- Manufacturing and/or service industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, with industry specific certification (ISM/CPSM) a plus
- Working proficiency in NetSuite, SAP or equivalent ERP software a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, always-on environment
- Analytical with high attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to drive projects to completion when starting with unknowns, competing priorities and other challenges
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude, showing a willingness to learn new concepts in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.