Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Do you love to find new ways to solve old problems in a high-energy environment with an inspiring team of innovators, driven to tackle seemingly impossible challenges? Are you someone who shines under pressure? Are you highly organized and detail-oriented and believe in working smarter not harder? Then keep reading.
The Assistant Controller, reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, will join Zume’s growing Finance & Accounting team. This is a critical role for the organization’s growth as you will be dedicated to overseeing and improving the company’s daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close processes. You and your team will have ownership over Zume’s ERP systems administration and maintenance and be integral to building out robust global accounting processes that support our evolving businesses.
The Assistant Controller is hands-on and passionate about the value of ongoing process improvement by leveraging technology and cross-functional partnerships.
What You'll Do
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual close process including presentation of results and related analyses in partnership with the FP&A team
- Manage GL, fixed asset and cost accounting functions and associated team members
- Oversee ERP and related systems administration and maintenance in close partnership with systems manager(s) and analyst(s); be the functional lead on system enhancements and/or implementations
- Assist Corporate Controller in building and maintaining an appropriate daily key metric reporting tool and process
- Monitor, enforce and, establish policies and procedures necessary for mitigating risk, to enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with US GAAP
- Initiate and drive process improvements and best practices for greater accuracy, financial control, and efficiency
- Collaborate with teams across Finance, and operations management, supporting Finance leadership in any ad hoc projects as needed
Who You Are
- 7+ years progressive experience in Accounting roles
- Global Accounting, IFRS experience highly preferred
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent major
- CPA required, MBA a plus
- National or large Regional public accounting firm audit experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, always-on environment
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
- Analytical with high attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to drive projects to completion when starting with unknowns, competing priorities and other challenges
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.