Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
As a Plant Manager, you’ll take on the responsibility of overseeing plant activities in order to meet business objectives. You will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that’s consistent with quality requirements. You will also delegate authority to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the processing plant.
What You'll Do
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, and salaries.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporate shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provide direction, development, and leadership to production supervisor.
- Foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- 5+ years’ plant operations management experience producing packaging containers
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants
- Able to lead root cause analysis investigations
- Proficient with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Able to explain training material to our operating staff
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skill
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.