WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Director of Culinary Operations works with the broader Zume Culinary Team to develop systems and processes for all food-related items, and then implements them across our food logistics hubs, culinary outposts, and mobile kitchen environments. The role reports to the VP of Culinary, and works closely with Menu Development, Kitchen Design & Workflow, and Culinary Business Operations to ensure consistent culinary execution and excellent food quality system wide.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Scope, hire, and manage a field-based Culinary Operations team
- Codify and operationalize recipes and procedures through the design of effective training materials and user-friendly distribution
- Design and implement systems that support and ensure that delicious cooking is executed consistently in all of our food logistics hubs, culinary outposts, and mobile kitchen environments
- Lead the culinary operational rollout and implementation of all menu items
- Collaborate on kitchen design to ensure that our menus are executed at the highest level
- Collaborate on menu development to ensure that proper culinary outcomes can be achieved
- Collaborate with Culinary Business Operations to deliver on financial KPI with regard to COGS, labor, and other controllables
- Lead all levels of the Culinary Operations team through being a gold standard ambassador of great technique, best practices, and impeccable overall execution
- Maintain FSQA driven standards
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years as a chef
- 5+ years operations experience in multi-unit F&B
- 5+ years building large top-performing decentralized teams
- Proven success driving culinary excellence across a decentralized team
- Demonstrated ability to expand and replicate food concepts
- Experience building teams with excellent training and leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Restaurant-opening operations
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.