Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is looking for a passionate and talented Legal Coordinator to join our Legal team! Working in tandem with in-house counsel and business partners, you will be part of the foundation of the team. Everything you do impacts how effective our team is at achieving our goals and you are the first interaction many internal and external partners will have with the legal team. Your daily life will include managing a wide variety of requests and correspondence, calendaring, managing travel and expenses, organizing corporate records, managing bar association and CLE requirements and streamlining administrative operations for Legal, and coordinating meetings and events for the department. You are a self-starter, love teamwork, and thrive in ambiguity. This role is based in our downtown Seattle office and reports to one of the Vice Presidents in Legal, but will support members of the legal team based in San Francisco and Mountain View.
What You'll Do
- Manage the filing of corporate records and support data entry on inbound and outbound document requests, including subsidiary management, board and stockholder materials, director and officer information, and a wide range of administrative legal tasks
- Scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, handling expenses and managing the calendar, and other tasks that support the attorneys on the Legal team
- Provides administrative support for the eight attorneys based in San Francisco, Seattle, Mountain View, and in remote locations
- Plan and coordinate events and activities for the department, including trainings, social events, team meetings
- Manage and maintain department records and files, including forms of agreements, training materials, policies, executed agreements, etc.
- Some word processing, such as formatting documents and templates for the department
- Collecting and compiling updates from the attorneys to support weekly Legal updates
- Support contracts management processes and systems
- Support implementation of project management tools
- Handle and track third-party legal correspondence and requests
Who You Are
- 2+ years of experience as an assistant or coordinator in support of attorneys or an in-house legal department
- Willing to take ownership of routine clerical tasks
- Meticulous attention to detail, like to create organizational systems, and are able to synthesize complex requests with ease
- Strong written and oral communication; can speak to any audience from C-level, investors, and employees
- Excellent judgment and demonstrated discretion handling confidential information
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple projects at one time
- Positive attitude, great sense of humor, comfortable with fast-evolving business and bias for action
- Experience within document management and tools and systems to support
- Strong technical know-how, including proficiency with G (Google) Suites, MS Office, Jira, and expense reporting tools
- Dynamic interpersonal skills
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team-first mindset
- Associates Degree or equivalent
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.