Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Do you love to find new ways to solve old problems in a high-energy environment with an inspiring team of innovators, driven to tackle seemingly impossible challenges? Are you someone who shines under pressure? As a financial/accounting technology professional, do you serve the team and customer? Are you highly organized and detail-oriented and believe in working smart not hard? Then keep reading.
In this role, the Senior Project Management Business Analyst will join Zume’s global finance team. This role will collaborate with members across all finance/accounting business functions, helping plan, manage, and lead the delivery of detailed system requirements and technical/functional specifications that align to Zume standards and frameworks. You will provide analytical and technical leadership while working with technology partners, project teams and BU stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage a diversified project portfolio.
You will be responsible for creating detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for global finance operations at Zume. You will provide support across the full software development lifecycle (analysis, design, estimation, planning, development, quality assurance testing, business user training, defining support procedures, release and pre/post implementation management).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct study of existing processes, systems, and data, and develop recommendations to establish, improve, or streamline information flows
- Establish, refine, or facilitate consistency and formalization of project tracking methodology, governance, and workflows including use of Agile methodologies
- Develop, streamline, and manage department’s approach to project and personnel resource budgeting, allocation, tracking, road mapping, and forecasting
- Develop project estimates and plans including project objectives, priorities, work tasks, deliverables, and timelines (Including highlighting critical path, milestones and dependencies across functional areas)
- Develop and facilitate formal testing, evaluation, final acceptance, and other change management strategies
- Assist testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
- Ensure project work and change management processes are adhered to through workflow compliance, test plans are fully documented, and project effort is recorded
- Create and distribute management reports that document project status to all stakeholders and identify potential risks and issues to facilitate their early mitigation in the development process
- Maintain JIRA projects, templates, and workflows and confluence policy, protocol, and project documentation sites
- Participates in the research and resolution of finance/accounting data issues
- Maintains up-to-date policies and procedures documentation including periodic testing to ensure adherence of policies and procedures
Who You Are
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and under tight timelines
- Flexibility to adjust on the fly to new demands
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Low ego attitude: willing to shift from high-level critical thinking to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation
- Ability to investigate a problem, determine root cause, and work with end users to solve their issues
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills required to assess and digest large amounts of data on multiple concurrent projects for different practice groups.
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fluid environment across diverse teams in a large organizational infrastructure
- Assimilate complex business problems and resolve ambiguous information into clearly articulated functional and technical requirements, then oversee the conversion to a solution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, strong influencing skills, able collaborate with business stakeholders and development teams, and able to present to diversified audience including senior leadership
- 5+ years in Business, Engineering or Computer Science supporting Financial systems and accounting control functions
- MBA and/or Project Management Certification
- Experience in technology-driven projects and business process improvement, including driving requirements gathering and end user testing
- Ability to analyze and document current state processes and future state user requirements
- Ability to translate business requirements to a clear and logical functional specification that is coherent to IT developers and QA groups
- Experience with different requirements gathering techniques (ex. gap analysis, cross-functional process flows, use case modeling)
- QA testing expert, overseeing testing framework, release schedule planning and promotion of system changes into production
- Microsoft Application Expert - MS Project, Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours to meet program milestones
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of time between different Zume offices (West Coast/East Coast footprint)
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.