Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Do you love to find new ways to solve old problems in a high-energy environment with an inspiring team of innovators, driven to tackle seemingly impossible challenges? Are you someone who shines under pressure? As a finance professional, do you serve the team and customer? Are you highly organized and detail-oriented and believe in working smart not hard? Then keep reading.
In this role, the Strategic Finance Senior Analyst will support capital partner operations, perform financial analyses, and accelerate the growth of our businesses by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions throughout the company. The right candidate is a strategic thinker who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution. In a typical day, you may extract insights from data, build business cases for new products, and work cross-functionally with other finance and operations teams at Zume. This role will have the rare opportunity to help define and lead some of the most impactful initiatives we undertake as a company. The successful candidate must be highly analytical, with strong business acumen, excellent communication and collaboration skills. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and present strategic objectives and reporting analysis to senior management and the executive team.
What You'll Do
- Part Capital Markets and part Corporate Finance, the Strategic Finance Analyst will work on various initiatives to ensure Zume’s success
- Support internal efforts to coordinate among capital providers, legal advisors, and other strategic partners to finance growth in Zume’s business units
- Execute credit facility operations and interact directly with credit providers, collateral agents, legal advisors, etc.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of global cash reporting structure – including daily look back and daily forward projections; leverage monthly projections from FP&A and "fill in the blanks" for daily changes; utilize GL system to pull down daily actual cash change to inform intra-month projections
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of monthly management reporting—analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior management and executives
- Work cross-functionally with business unit leaders to build and track departmental budgets
- Help us scale and transition into a global enterprise. Part of this will be related to maturing our planning processes, part is ensuring best practices are being followed in finance and throughout the organization
- Support our quarterly, annual, and long-term planning and forecasting cycles
- Create ad hoc financial models, and provide various corporate finance/capital markets analyses
- Support strategic finance finance/capital solutions for operational and growth initiatives
- Craft materials for the Board of Directors, investors, and other external stakeholders
- Actively seek out opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
Who You Are
- A high IQ and EQ are both critical to the success of this individual as they will be partnering across the business and supporting the highest levels of the organization
- Passion for technology - often demonstrated through tech/media/telecom company experience
- Highly analytical (including modeling and managing large volumes of data), good at breaking down problems and delivering actions
- Experience working with large datasets, automation, or other business intelligence applications
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple projects simultaneously and under tight timelines
- Flexibility to adjust on the fly to new demands
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Extremely detail- and process-oriented person who enjoys working with Excel and PowerPoint
- Low ego attitude: willing to shift from high-level critical thinking to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong influencing skills
- 2+ years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, strategy consulting, or equivalent experience. Capital Markets and PE experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related field or pursuing a full-time Master of Business Administration program
- Progress toward or desire to pursue the CFA Charter strongly preferred
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.