Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is looking for an exceptionally bright, multitasking and self-motivated Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Zume Source Packaging team. The position is based in our Camarillo, CA location. This is a vital role to Zume and requires proactive engagement with a distributed team across various cities, while also having a collaborative rapport to help the packaging team meet various cross-functional deliverables.
What You'll Do
- Effectively and proactively manage calendars with high attention to detail
- Handle day-to-day administrative duties: Help track and drive completion of packaging team deliverables and follow up on outstanding items across departments, assemble documents and supplies as needed to support department activities
- Adapt quickly to changing team and company priorities, while being able to anticipate and proactively suggest solutions to conflicts
- Stay abreast of developing needs and requirements and act as an information source for the packaging team: Develop and contribute to a comprehensive knowledge of general office procedures at Zume
- Coordinate and schedule domestic and international meetings, travel and lodging as needed for team members
- Prepare and submit department related expense reports
- Work closely with other team administrative staff and assist in the coordination of company-wide and department initiatives, various cross-functional meetings, events, all hands, and other ad hoc needs
- Look for opportunities to streamline the Source Packaging team’s workflow
- Perform other job duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience as an Administrative Assistant, preferably in a technology start-up environment or comparable fast-paced operation
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with expense reporting
- Able to perform duties with a high level of confidentiality and discretion; exhibit integrity and trustworthiness with sensitive information
- Analytical, organized and conscientious while still able to be flexible, patient and open-minded in times of shifting priorities
- Seek to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and with maturity; be collaboratively creative and a proactive problem-solver
- Experienced communicator with strong written and verbal skills; use tact and diplomacy when interfacing different personalities within and outside of Zume
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint / Google Suite, Adobe
- Have a strong values fit and work ethic with Zume and Source Packaging
- Comfortable with flexible scheduling as needed
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.