Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for defining requirements, comparing cost and selecting marketing technologies to manage direct digital B2B marketing and nurturing of leads. This position will lead CRM-connected marketing communications and drip campaigns, SEO / SEM management, and BU-specific B2B digital advertising. This role primarily interfaces with the sales and marketing teams yet also interfaces with external vendors. Our business marketing team is growing and this role will have the opportunity to help influence much of our content and messaging to customers.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and execute aggressive demand generation strategy to meet Packaging and Forward BU revenue targets
- Partner with sales team to build and manage marketing communication throughout each stage of the sales process, including:
- CRM mapping
- Drip campaigns and communication – calendar development and execution
- Microsite communications
- Lead nurturing
- SEO/SEM management
- B2B digital and social ad campaigns
- Procure, direct, and manage relationships and execution plans with targeted Key Opinion Leaders and Influencers for BU-specific marketing
- Coordinate closely with Zume Corp Marketing to align with campaigns and broader PR initiatives
- Set appropriate metrics for sales pipeline generation and funnel management
- Analyze effectiveness and profitability of all marketing lead activities
- Establish timely reporting of results / insights
- Manage annual demand generation budget
- Manage relationships with media agency
- Participate in business reviews and provide insight for the following year’s objectives, priorities, and budgets
- Perform other duties as directed
Who You Are
- 5+ years relevant customer and direct B2B marketing experience and business planning or other relevant experience
- Experience in identifying, planning, implementing and managing marketing technology tools and systems
- Technical knowledge and understanding of CRM metrics, tracking and tools; familiarity with Salesforce and particularly Pardot a plus
- Food & Beverage or Packaging industry experience a plus
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, strong collaborator and team leader
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment - can be scrappy, creative and resourceful while also building structure and process
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Decisive and biased towards action
- Comfort working in a fast-faced, constantly-changing environment
- BS/BA degree preferably in marketing, business or a related field; MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) skills required
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.