Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Site Financial Analyst is instrumental in supporting both the packaging site leadership team and the corporate finance team at Zume. You are comfortable creating insightful analysis from large amounts of data to improve the company’s decision making, particularly in the areas of financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting; systems, processes, and controls; cost analysis and estimating; and driving the profitability of the business unit.
What You'll Do
- Partner with sales, manufacturing and other business partners to drive enhanced decision making
- Analyze and understand all costs and cost drivers to support cost estimating and pricing
- Manage the month-end process to analyze financial and operating results versus budgets, plans and forecasts and explain variances for the understanding of all business partners
- Lead monthly financial review meetings with business partners, including executive management
- Drive cost reduction and margin improvement initiatives
- Assist with special projects as requested
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in a similar financial/accounting role
- Previous manufacturing, financial reporting, and cost accounting experience a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant degree, such as Finance, Accounting, or Business-related field, MBA preferred
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly
- Demonstrated detail-oriented work ethic
- High degree of sensitivity and discretion in working with confidential information is required
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate to advanced level Excel skills
- Comfort working with SQL databases and queries preferred
- Experience working within an ERP such as NetSuite, SAP or other preferred
What We Offer
- 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and and highly subsidized coverage for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- The opportunity to work with an incredible, supportive, hardworking team that's change the way we think about food
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.