Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
As a Technical Project Manager at Zume you’ll have responsibility for planning, tracking and executing multiple projects in our software and controls portfolio and other engineering teams such as Mechanical Engineering and Reliability. In this role you will function as a key cross-functional contact between hardware, software, data science teams, as well as ensure that daily tasks are managed and risks are identified. You’ll work closely with engineering and program teams to ensure projects are delivered on-time and on budget and escalating as needed.
What You'll Do
- Manage core programs across hardware engineering teams, focusing on Software & Controls working very closely with technical leads and director of engineering
- Lead change control meetings and product coordination
- Drive results through cross-functional teams (supply chain, engineering, product, data science, business units, etc.)
- Setup build plans, evaluate dependencies and constraints
- Setup risk management and mitigation plans
- Support manufacturing and new product launches
- Provide direction to engineers for priorities/change requirements
- Coordinate with engineers to support rollout/integration of new changes
- Maintain connection and project alignment across multiple company sites
- Actively manage sprints and dashboards across multiple dependent projects using JIRA and other PLM software
- Manage cross-functional projects by applying in project management best practices for software, electrical and mechanical products
Who You Are
- BA/BS or MS in Controls Engineering, or Mechanical, Electrical/other related fields with product development experience
- PMP certification is a plus
- 4+ years project management experience of having delivered products in a medium to high volume industry
- Experience with vendor management and working with multiple vendors to deliver programs on time
- Proficient with engineering concepts
- Proficient in organizing teams around technical problems, running RCAs, retrospectives and brainstorming sessions
- Proficient in managing multiple projects at once
- You have the drive and aptitude to learn new technologies
- You provide analytical abilities, problem solving skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to execute tasks with minimal supervision and with a high degree of independence in a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth knowledge of JIRA and applying agile methodologies in non-software based projects
- Experience running FMEA is a plus
- Willing to travel 10-20%
What We Offer
- 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Free and discounted Pizza!
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Dog Friendly Office
- The opportunity to work with an incredible, supportive, hardworking team that's change the way we think about food.
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.