WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking for a Cloud Security Application Architect for our Security team who will be responsible for scoping, planning, architecting, designing and prototyping tooling necessary for deploying market-leading application security products. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Perform software architecture reviews of containerized micro-service applications and ensure deployment viability.
- Establish, document and define cloud security best practices across business unit’s cloud practice.
- Assess the performance, scalability and security of cloud products and propose solutions to address identified issues.
- Contribute to the design and prototype continuous delivery pipeline (package-build-test-deploy) for containerized software applications deployed to SaaS and can be packaged to on-premises customers.
- Conduct new container technology research; bring fresh ideas and concepts to bear on product development, Research evolving cloud/container security best practices and applicable CVEs.
- Collaborate with product management, architects, engineering and cloud operations teams to come up with a roadmap for on-premises installers and Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Cloud API’s knowledge, Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), API Management, Serverless, Web application technologies
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Expert level communication skills working with all levels of engineering to design and delivery security controlsMinimum
- 10 years of experience in software development and/or cloud development
- Minimum 7 years of experience as an architect - software architect in cloud environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with technologies such as: Microservices, Java, GoLang/Python, Clouting Security, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and GCP.
- Experience delivering Kubernetes based applications to various platforms like GKE, EKS, AKS, OpenShift and on-premises
- (highly preferred) Opensource contribution to the Kubernetes ecosystem
- 7+ years of full-time dedicated experience leading Cloud Security focused roles on delivering security on cloud native, distributed architectural solutions in complex environments
- Understanding of industry trends in cloud technologies for public, private and hybrid cloud deployments
- One or More technical security certifications is a plus: CCSP, CISSP, CSSLP, CISM, Google Professional Cloud Developer, Google Professional Cloud Architect, Certified Kubernetes Administrator, Certified Kubernetes Application Developer and other related certifications
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENT FOR THE POSITION OFFERED
- Bachelor’s Degree or master's degree (Masters degree highly preferred) in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Willing to travel 25%
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision and 75% for you and your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.