Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is looking for a seasoned, process-driven Industrial Designer who loves and obsesses over creating amazing experiences for our customers, partners, and employees. As a member of the Zume Source Product Team, you will play an essential role as a member of a team that leads the industry in insightful and creative designs. You will be responsible for the industrial design vertical of the Product team in prototyping, development of physical objects, as well as conceptual designs.
What You'll Do
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive physical and digital design solutions and work through details
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Take designs from the sketch phase to concept modeling in the appropriate software, and through to finished employee and customer-facing execution
- Work with brand and product (UX) designers to create a unified vision for the initiative
- Participate in cross-functional strategy, timing, and process discussions
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all design and technology problems are resolved thoroughly
- Help to define the long term vision and roadmap of the physical products design
- Actively manage and collaborate with internal and external customers for a complete design solution
- Lead user research to understand the needs, challenges, and pain points
- Work across varying products with a propensity to learn quickly and immerse yourself in new customer journeys and experiences
- Partner with other teams to understand requirements/specifications to drive the best work
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Product, to constantly innovate and push for new ways to improve process and communication between designers, PMs, engineers, and stakeholders
- Help to build an organization that is diverse and inclusive, and where each person represents our company values
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in Industrial Design
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills that will allow you to defend complex design ideas
- Comfortable with communicating and interacting effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management, customers, partners and suppliers
- A passion for the creative process in a willingness to both offer and accept critique
- Expert CAD and 3D photo-rendering, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Iterative growth mindset in the work, process, and team
- Enthusiastic team player with collaborative spirit
- Prior experience working with food design and or packaging a plus
- A portfolio showcasing recent work.
- Sense of humor a plus
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.