Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Are you a born problem-solver seeking a challenging job in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for a talented logistics coordinator to join our team and provide creative and efficient transportation solutions for internal and external customers. You will get the chance to work with numerous departments as well as multiple clients and carriers, ensuring that all inbound and outbound traffic gets delivered on time in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible. The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and providing efficient transportation and storage solutions for the entire lifecycle of our products, from the acquisition of raw materials to final product distribution.
What You'll Do
- Organizing and managing inventory, storage, and transportation.
- Provide comprehensive logistical support daily for both inbound and outbound shipments, including verifying safety procedures and overseeing quality assurance.
- Reviewing, preparing, and routing purchase orders
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Ensuring the safe and timely pick-up and delivery of drop shipments
- Coordinating hundreds of inbound and outbound shipments (FTL/FCL) weekly
- Addressing and resolving shipment and inventory issues
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met
- Review logistics performance with stakeholders against targets, benchmarks and service agreements
- Ensure all operations are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations (Including OSHA)
Who You Are
- Degree in business administration, logistics or related field preferred.
- Experience working with ERP systems (Preferably Netsuite or SAP)
- 2+ years of experience in logistics coordination
- Working knowledge of legal regulations and ISO requirements.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software.
- Good management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.