WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume’s Corporate Growth team has three interconnected areas, all aimed at different aspects of driving revenue growth and profitability for the company. The first, Business Development, leads prospective customer and partner selection, outreach, and commercial engagement. The Corporate Development arm is responsible for leading all transactions and evaluating buy vs. build vs. partner decisions for top-line growth, efficiency improvements and balance sheet optimization. Finally, the Accelerate arm is responsible for the strategic direction of the business and operates on three horizons:
- Internal Consulting: Executing projects for current Zume business units and executive leadership, aimed at tackling some of their most challenging problems and opportunities
- Incubation (“Imagine”): Incubating nascent business opportunities through initial stages of business design, business case development, operational readiness and early go-to-market strategy/commercialization
- Corporate Strategy: Identifying overarching corporate strategic challenges and opportunities, developing strategic initiatives to address them, making determinations about where to play and how to win, and how to optimize investments to achieve strategic objectives on a multi-year time horizon
Across each of these ‘Accelerate’ areas, the team works in a project-model, leveraging a pool of internal consulting resources (or, in some cases, managing external consultants) to execute against the project scope and objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This position would assume ownership of the specific projects/opportunities within Imagine and report to the Senior Director of Imagine. This role is responsible for several key areas:
- Scope and oversee project teams tasked with key aspects of the strategic and financial viability, and operational feasibility of potential new businesses; this includes, but is not limited to, the development of strategic business design, customer identification and validation of customer needs, sizing of market opportunity, validation and refinement of product-market fit and the initial business model/business case, and development of go-to-market strategy
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering/Product Development and R&D to align strategic and technical workplans and workstreams and provide coordinated communication to Zume executives and stakeholders
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced, demanding work environment (ideally with customer/client orientation) such as management consulting
- Strong analytical, technical, and business background
- Capacity to work at high speed with a high-caliber team, an unwavering dedication to integrity, and a passion to build world-changing innovations: in particular, facility with established strategic problem-solving frameworks as well as process and governance models for new business incubation are essential
- Possess a robust quantitative/analytical toolkit and experience scoping and modularizing work in a project context
- Experience in food strongly preferred (but not required), specifically in agricultural production or supply chain
- Experience in either in-house corporate incubator, start-up environment or other setting in which new concepts and businesses are systematically evaluated, operationalized and commercialized
- Experience managing teams in a project setting, ideally cross-functional teams
- Examples of analytical problem solving skills, including strong business judgment and the ability to identify and synthesize insights from analysis
- Examples of having served as a trusted collaborator and advisor to senior executives
- High achieving academic background BA/BS degree in hard sciences, marketing, economics, business administration, mathematics, statistics or similar discipline preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.