Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for a Business Development Senior Associate who is highly skilled, highly self-motivated and brings meaningful experience. You must know and understand the packaging industry and all of the players. Ideally, you should have expertise in composting, molded fiber and the uncovering, shaping and securing of strategic partnerships. You will accelerate Zume’s strategic priorities by levering new partners that will help meaningfully grow Zume’s packaging business. You are highly passionate about working with partners and clients as they adopt Zume’s revolutionary technology and platform. You’ll work closely with Zume’s leaders to establish, nurture, and grow partnerships with some of the biggest companies and governments around the world. This is an opportunity to grow, lead and learn from an extraordinary team, and to help build Zume’s business development strategy from the ground up, focusing on promising verticals for expansion and go-to-market partnerships.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with potential clients to identify challenges and understand their business needs to establish the best packaging solutions and opportunities
- Identify and help to develop strategic relationships with partners or potential customers
- Quickly build cross-discipline relationships in the Zume organization in order to effectively help generate input and capture needs from leadership and other teams in a collaborative way
- Partner closely with the corporate strategy team; provide feedback and insights into your world to help inform Zume’s packaging strategy
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis of partners to review performance and optimize accordingly to ensure partnership objectives are met with integrity and passion
- Drive the execution of solutions proposed and sold to partners
Who You Are
- Have a history of unquestioned integrity
- Demonstrated marked excellence in previous business development endeavors. You can describe this excellence
- Proud to put extraordinary effort into your work and are extremely demanding of yourself
- Ability to handle many projects at once
- Able to connect the dots and think strategically; you are creative and piece ideas together quickly and coherently
- Effectively manage your time and work. You are self-motivated, you don’t miss deadlines, and you have a high sense of responsibility and personal accountability
- Proven self-starter with a bias to action
- Demonstrate where you have planned and completed complex tasks with minimal oversight; you do not need heavy oversight, and you never need prodding
- Strong communication & presentation skills: you’re able to structure both verbal and written communications and engage an audience and build trusting relationships, with senior executives in your own, and partner and prospect organizations
- Thrive on working in highly capable, high passion and high-speed teams. You are considered an empathetic and excellent teammate who can be relied on professionally at all times, yet you can maintain independent lines of thought
- Thrive in a rapidly scaling startup environment. Rather than stress about ambiguity, you realize it is an opportunity to vision, to improve and to lead
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex client relationships and evaluation cycles, and working on, delivering or closing six-figure deals
- Nimble connector that gets people excited about and engaged in a product and process
- Manage prospecting efforts, business development processes, late-stage deals, and contracts all at the same time
- Ability to travel up to 20% of your working days
- 7+ years of packaging business development and strategic partnerships experience
- High technical skills - deep knowledge of the google suite
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences, marketing, economics, business administration, mathematics, or statistics or the equivalent
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.