WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is looking for a Product Designer who loves and obsesses over creating the best experiences for our customers, partners and employees.
As a Product Designer, you are a process-driven advocate for Design and User Experience at Zume who works to define our digital products across various touch points including web, iOS, and Android. You’re part of a small, closely-knit team that values collaboration, iteration, research, and beautiful design. You are involved in every stage of product development, including brainstorming solutions, creating flows and prototypes, working with developers to implement designs, and beyond. You design considered flows for both customers and internal teams. You are comfortable working in many different formats and levels of fidelity to prototype and express ideas. You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops. You use qualitative and quantitative methods to evaluate a design’s performance, and can analyze the results for actionable.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design products and features from end-to-end: Think through user problems and product challenges, find solutions, create mockups from lo-fi to high-fi, refine your ideas, and work with engineers to get solutions built
- Understand user needs through research and critical thinking
- Use data, empathy, and research to inform your solutions and strive for continuous improvement whenever possible
- Contribute to product strategy, give and receive candid feedback
- Advocate for the best ideas to make Zume better and articulate the thinking behind ideas and concepts to others
- Find creative solutions to challenges with a variety of constraints and adapt to a changing landscape
- Contribute to Zume’s design systems, help refine and grow them
- Be an advocate for design process at Zume and look for ways to improve our processes
- Create a consistent experience across Zume’s digital platforms by coordinating with the Creative, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Culinary, and Operations teams
- Work across varying systems at Zume with a propensity to learn quickly and immerse yourself and your team in new customer, partner, and employee experiences
- We work primarily out of the SF office, and sometimes travel to Mountain View for user research, presentations, and close collaboration with engineering team
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of experience designing digital experiences and interactive design
- A portfolio showcasing your design work. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Design or a related field
- Solid knowledge of product design, UX, and information architecture
- A sharp sense of visual design and a refined sense of aesthetics, and how they relate to UI and UX
- Experience with a variety of product design tools and the willingness to try new ones
- The ability to work within Zume’s visual style, expand, and improve it
- Verbal and writing skills to communicate your ideas and the reasoning behind them to stakeholders from various teams
- The ability to manage multiple projects and set stakeholder expectations
- A passion for craftsmanship, the creative process, and giving/receiving actionable feedback
- An iterative growth mindset in the work, process, and team
- A collaborative and enthusiastic spirit with an appetite for continuous learning and improvement
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.