Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Supply Chain & Operations Business Systems Analyst. This role will be responsible for understanding the business operations and aligning information systems to support business objectives. The BSA functions as the liaison between the business and the Information Technology teams, translating business requirements into technical specifications. The BSA builds on their technical knowledge of information systems and uses that knowledge to continuously improve system efficiencies by recommending systems use changes or business process improvements.
What You'll Do
- Implement, configure, develop, and support of ERP systems and other applications that support Supply Chain & Operations business processes
- Work with business stakeholders to analyze issues and processes, define and analyze requirements, design process improvements, and recommend system changes to solve challenges
- Collaborate with functional and technical teams across all ERP modules and other applications to define and design proposed solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to application design guidelines, strategies, and best practices
- Create deliverables according to the software development lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation
- Facilitate resolution of cross-team business issues
- Collaborate with business partners on deployment including training, change management, and communications
- Create test cases to cover business processes and system functions; execute tests; analyze and resolve defects
- Apply project management standards and concepts; prepare work estimates and work schedules; create and update project plans
- Support production systems; proactively work to analyze and resolve production problems in a timely manner. Resolve end user service requests
- Identify opportunities to leverage applications to improve processes, and support improvement efforts
Who You Are
- BS or BA in Business Administration or Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of procurement and sourcing experience
- 5+ years of experience in the processing/manufacturing industry preferred
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing requirements, organic and non-gmo standard and quality testing specifications
- Experience in Supply Chain sourcing for equipment, parts preferred
- Proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, Google Suite and ERP systems
- Ability to travel as needed
- Proven track record of controlling/reducing spend as % of gross sales while developing a robust supplier base
- Proven track record of continuous performance including advancement of skills as well as knowledge and relationships within the procurement profession
- Strong understanding of kitchen equipment, in vehicle assets, fabrication sourcing preferred
- Professional certifications in Supply Chain and Procurement (CPIM, CSCP, etc) preferred
- Startup experience is a plus
What We Offer
- 100% Company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and and highly subsidized coverage for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- The opportunity to work with an incredible, supportive, hardworking team that's change the way we think about food
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.