Who we are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
What you'll do
The VP, Hardware Engineering will report to the SVP of Engineering within the Hardware Engineering organization that builds and integrates appliances for Zume's ratio platform. As a key leader of the team that designs and defines the architecture of next gen equipment and controls that automate food production. You will be an integral part of Zume's software ecosystem that involves Appliance Control, Packaging Manufacturing, Telemetry, Customer Management, Order Management, Order Execution, Order Delivery, etc.
Experience & Skills
- Working knowledge of designing and implementing finite state machine is a plus
- Grow, nurture, and lead a multiple development teams in charge of Zume’s electrical, mechanical and embedded Engineering teams
- Provide technical leadership across all functions and business groups
- Work with senior management to help shape the technical and product roadmap
- Drive resourcing of various projects in the road map and collaborate across engineering organization to meet commitments
- Empower engineers to have the maximum impact on Zume’s roadmap and goals
- Experience in delivering automation equipment from concept to deployment and production
- Strong systems background with experience in servo motion control, Stepper motors, etc. and safety standards
Minimum education requirement for the position offered
- BS/MS Engineering (or equivalent – Majors in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering)
- Willing to travel 25%
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
- Dog friendly office
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.