Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join its growing Accounting team. We’re looking for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to improve the accounting close process and help take our accounting function to the next level. The areas of responsibilities for this role include general corporate accounting responsibilities (i.e. owning balance sheet reconciliations and accruals), in addition to enhancing day-to-day and accounting close processes. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are detail oriented with a passion for Excel and numbers, then read on. You will be instrumental in the development, implementation and maintenance of company policies and will continually drive improvements in process and automation to refine our control environment as Zume scales for rapid growth. You are a team player with a positive “can do” attitude, showing a willingness to learn new concepts in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What You'll Do
- Optimize and perform accounting operations, including Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Cash, Pre-paids and Other Assets, month end expense accruals, and other liabilities
- Assist in the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes for domestic and international subsidiaries, ensuring close deadlines are met without exception
- Assist in the financial reporting process and in producing US GAAP compliant consolidated financial statements
- Participate and lead other ad hoc business process and systems improvements, with a goal toward automation and efficiency, including the design, implementation and maintenance of key systems, internal controls, global close efficiency, audit readiness, and management reporting
- Work closely with the FP&A team and other department heads to achieve corporate goals
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent major; CPA license preferred
- 4+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Working proficiency of Netsuite preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to act and operate independently; natural curiosity to take on new challenges and responsibility
- Well-developed problem solving, planning, and project management skills; able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.