WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Director of Menu Development is responsible for recipe/menu development, R&D, and culinary innovation from ideation to prototype for Zume customers as well as any cuisines which Zume may choose to sell direct-to-consumer or white label for strategic partners. This role evaluates customers’ current menus, advises on a fit for Zume, and tailors/maps their menu SKU by SKU to the desired Zume environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Leads recipe/menu development by establishing a process-oriented approach to take recipe creation/menu ideation from ideation to prototype to testing to launch for any Zume customers, as well as any cuisines which Zume may choose to develop and sell direct-to-consumer or white-label for strategic partners
- Leads R&D and culinary innovation efforts for the Culinary Team, articulating a process to build a robust pipeline of menu innovation
Evaluates customers’ menus, advising on a fit for Zume and optimization for off-premise, and tailors/maps their menu SKU by SKU to the desired Zume environment
- Responsible for strategically executing the Culinary Team’s menu development efforts in alignment with company objectives
- Working with the Culinary Team, brands, and external partners on optimizing/editing menus for off-premise consumption, and creating new menus/concepts
- Managing a rigorously collaborative process of refining recipes to delivery excellent culinary and economic outcomes, adhering to food safety protocol, operational limitations, and food cost management
- Working through supply chain to improve food, including raw ingredient sourcing, flow of food, prep, cooking technique, and service
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ years restaurant operations experience with a proven track record as an Executive Chef or Corporate Chef spanning fine dining, hotel, QSR, and/or other large enterprise
- Experience in food science, product development, and CPG a plus
- A keen eye for the competitive environment, culinary trends, and food media are important
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.