Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The People Systems and Analytics team uses analytics to reduce bias, increase rigor, and improve performance. Specifically, we help create better talent and business decisions to improve the way we identify, attract, develop and retain talent. Having invested in our data warehouse, technology infrastructure, and analytics capabilities, we’re looking for someone to take our foundational dashboards in Tableau to the next level. Reporting to the People Analytics Manager, this role will iterate with business stakeholders, People Team members and other end users to create high value and intuitive data visualizations and storytelling. You will also be responsible for ad hoc modeling and analysis of people data, including compensation.
What You'll Do
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the people data model – create, improve and automate visualizations and queries, and manage data transformation to enable analytics and reporting
- Deliver quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that diagnose root cause issues and translate data into actionable insights
- Document requirements and respond to requests related to people data in a timely fashion with minimal guidance or oversight
- Partner with the broader People Systems & Analytics team to improve cross-functional data quality efficiencies/effectiveness, development standards, and best practices
Who you are
- 3+ years experience in an analytical role using multiple data sources to create responsive visualizations and actionable insights
- Strong experience with Tableau and SQL
- Strong experience with Excel (e.g. modeling, formulas, Pivot Tables, Lookups)
- Experience with hypothesis-driven analysis of large data sets through statistical software
- Passion for and commitment to pursuing diversity, equity, and inclusion through analytics
- Experience with any of the following:
- Google BigQuery
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.