Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
As a Data Analyst for Zume, you will contribute to a variety of data based projects. The successful candidate will interface with stakeholders from multiple teams across the business and turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
What You'll Do
- Deep dive into data to help drive better business decisions
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to manage standard definitions for key business metrics
- Conduct ad hoc & strategic analysis as needed
- Establish and monitor KPIs related to business and operations performance
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Who You Are
- You have a “can-do” attitude and enjoy working with fast-paced teams
- 2+ years experience working in finance, analytics, business intelligence, or similar quantitative capacity
- BA/BS degree in Statistics, Economics, Marketing, Business Analytics, or related field OR equivalent practical experience
- Advanced SQL knowledge & experience working with relational databases
- Proficient in Python, R or other scripting languages (preferred)
- Experience working with Tableau or other visualization tools (preferred)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.