WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for a Business Associate who will be specifically focused on our Source Packaging organization. The right candidate for this role will have a manufacturing background and be highly skilled, highly self-motivated and highly passionate about forming the strategy for our fast-growing business unit. In this role, you will work closely with our Vice President of Manufacturing and R&D to develop, plan, and execute Zume’s mission-critical initiatives. By joining the early stages of our hyper-growth organization, you’ll play an integral part in building the strategy of our packaging division.
What you will be doing:
- Look ahead to future technological developments and changes in the packaging marketplace and keep Source well positioned to take advantage of both; identify new markets and sources of potential growth; recommend new approaches to maintain our competitive edge.
- Provide market and trend intelligence to drive business unit decisions
- Cultivate strong relationships with business unit partners across the company to inform and align strategy work, and to actively support the transition from recommendation to execution
- Leverage data to champion strategic acquisitions and partnerships
- Partner with business development and account managers on strategy for new customer engagements and customer on-boarding
- Support Source Executive level decision making and requests for information
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience (experience in packaging preferred)
- 3+ years in management consulting, private equity or tech strategy/ops function preferred
- Bachelor degree in hard sciences, marketing, economics, business administration, mathematics, statistics or similar discipline preferred; advanced degree a plus
- Excellent organization and efficient time-management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate mathematical skills as it pertains to cycle counts and inventory.
- You are able to travel up to 50%
What Zume has to Offer:
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via Restricted Stock Units (RSU's)
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.