Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. We started by partnering people with technology to create a more thoughtful and efficient way to source, make, bake and deliver pizza. In the process, we are delivering an artisan pizza that takes care of the people who eat it and make it and even takes better care of the planet we all love—a planet nearly 10 billion people will inhabit by 2050.
The health and well-being of people and our planet is dependent upon sustainably feeding that population with wholesome, affordable food on a global scale. Zume is meeting this challenge with an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
The Plant Technician will be a key part of maintaining our production equipment and any associated equipment. This position will perform preventative and corrective maintenance functions.
What You’ll Do
- Able to display skills in manufacturing processes, including operating, maintaining and cleaning automated equipment
- Work independently
- Provides technical assistance to thermoforming personnel to investigate problems identified or to prevent adverse operating conditions as it pertains to electrical, electronic and mechanical issues
- Maintains accurate loss, repair, replacement, and maintenance history of all equipment
- Strong communication, initiative, leadership, teamwork skills and abilities
- Recommends replacement of equipment when it is no longer feasible and/or economical to repair or overhaul
- Ability to perform and follows lock out/tag out procedures of equipment
- Conducts periodic inspections of equipment, office facilities, electrical systems, warehouse space and exterior to ensure conformity with safety requirements
- Operating essential material handling equipment at the site e.g., clamp truck, forklift, hand trucks, articulating lifts, and scissor lifts; read and follow precise, and detailed process instructions.
- Able to tolerate safe, daily exposure levels to raw chemical materials, production batches, and finished products present in the plant.
- Knowledge and understanding of plant manufacturing procedures, chemistry terminology, and equipment operations.
Who You Are
- 2 years of prior experience preferred
- Prior experience with PLC’s, production machinery
- Use basic hand and power tools for the repair, installation or maintenance of equipment.
- Lift 50 pounds by pulling, bending and stooping; climb, stand, and move around on stairs, ladders, and platforms; twist, turn and bend
- Stand on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
- Work at heights and wear appropriate fall equipment.
- Use basic hand and power tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, drills, grinders, etc.
What Zume has to Offer:
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.