Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and help shape and deliver technical support for our Ratio Platform customers. The initial area of focus for this role is building, automating, and integrating the tools needed for support and technical operations teams to keep the technology environment optimized and meeting service-level expectations. The role requires a deep understanding of Linux server administration, networking and key applications and services running on virtualized and non-virtualized platforms. The role also requires a background in Change, Incident, and Problem processes. This role will be a liaison between the client and the engineering team, to include but not limited to reporting, client facing communication, and technical support. In addition, Ratio Platform Support Engineers are responsible for complex problem resolution, creating and improving procedures and facilitating communication. Other duties include researching, proofing, and authoring technical documentation which supports the company’s client requirements. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend and utilize their existing solid and broad skills.
What You'll Do
This role is critical to the success of Zume Forward and as such requires both depth and breadth in most of the technologies leveraged in a cloud-based environment to support multi-tiered applications. Furthermore, a solid understanding of the components required to provide a high-availability application and networking environment is required. The role requires a strong work ethic and the following key responsibilities:
- Work directly with front-line support and customers to troubleshoot, recreate, and/or resolve support issues related to the Ratio Platform and supporting technologies
- Be on-point for escalations for all production issues during shift or as required
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Guide and promote timely team responses to all SEV3, SEV2, and SEV1 incidents
- Maintain case management to ensure that target response times are met
- Serve as the voice of the customer and work with cross-functional partners to improve our products
- Analyzes and identifies trends in issue reporting and devises preventive solutions
- Identifies & documents issues in bug tracker and works with the Development Team to resolve
- Seeks opportunities to streamline standard operating procedures through automation and maintain production monitoring systems
- Communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of the Ratio Platform technologies and underlying hardware and software architectures
Who You Are
- Have an outstanding attitude and a desire to ensure customer success
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with microservices, debugging REST API's and other HTTP services and working with distributed systems
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond including working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols
- Software development experience (Java, Node.JS, Ruby, Python)
- Experience with cloud orchestration - focused on open source/Linux based systems (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Heroku)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and CouchDB
- Experience in Configuration/Automation Management tools such as Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Salt or an equivalent
- Observability systems (New Relic, Sumo Logic, Datadog/Graffana, ELK)
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness, and documentation
- Providing rotational on-call support
- ITIL V3
- The core technology is node.js, express, redis, rabbitmq, postgres on heroku. Monitoring and event management tools; Sumo logic, Datadog, and New Relic
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.