WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Director of Kitchen & Workflow Design is responsible for developing innovation kitchen design, equipment and workflow automation solutions that maximize efficiency, accuracy, flexibility, productivity, and throughput for successful operational execution of food service concepts for Zume customers as well as Zume's food logistics hubs. This role collaborates with the Culinary Team on food/experience, and also works cross functionally with equipment manufacturers, EPF, and expert restaurant operators to deliver code-compliant, functional, and desirable kitchen solutions. The role requires a culinary background with extensive knowledge of food service equipment, kitchen design, culinary skills, and restaurant operations, and will serve as the thought leader on restaurant equipment and advancement in cooking technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for developing innovative kitchen design, equipment, and workflow automation solutions that maximize efficiency, accuracy, flexibility, productivity, and throughput for successful operational execution of food service concepts in mobile kitchen and commissary environments
- Collaborates with the Culinary Team on food/experience, and also works cross-functionally with equipment manufacturers, EPD, and expert restaurant operators to deliver code-compliant, functional, and desirable kitchen solutions
- Takes a leading role in helping shape a cohesive appliance strategy
- This role requires a culinary background with extensive knowledge of food service equipment, kitchen design, culinary skills, and restaurant operations, and will serve as the thought leader on restaurant equipment and advancements in cooking technologies
- Identifies off-the-shelf equipment with wide appeal for customers to be used in Zume environments
- Identfy custom equipment configurations that provide efficient solutions to particular problems
- Methodically studies and documents the kitchen workflow of brands (receiving, string, prepping, production, assembly, and service)
- Identify opportunities for the automation of assembly and finishing tasks
- Consults on equipment line design for food commercialization
- Recommending, planning, initiating, and managing projects involving cost reduction, procedural simplification/standardization
- Reviewing prototypes of new equipment and kitchen design prototypes, and performing feasibility studies
- Communicating with Legal and Health Departments regarding local codes, and researching local regulations to incorporate into design
- Conducting prototype testing and punch list before final delivery of product
WHO YOU ARE
- Extensive knowledge of food service and kitchen design
- Broad knowledge of culinary skills and restaurant operations
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Active listening skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Revit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate with associates at all levels in all disciplines, from engineers to culinarians, to restaurant operators
- Working knowledge of general construction, MEP
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.