Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
As a Senior Product Manager of Platform Engineering at Zume, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering continuously improving, cloud-scale platform infrastructure and integrated services to our customers and Zume Engineering, enabling shipping of high-quality products to market at a rapid pace. You will have the opportunity to partner and engage with both a highly-experienced group of cross-functional leaders and executive leadership to drive vision, strategy, planning, and execution of our platform initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Working closely with both internal and external customers, you will understand their pain points, needs, what is working well for them, and what is not. You will balance the needs of Zume Design and Engineering (efficiency, modern infrastructure, world-class documentation, etc) with those of our customers and end users (stability, performance, reliability, etc), while executing on Zume’s business objectives.
- You will be a key participant in architecting the overall vision and strategy for Zume’s product portfolio. You will be actively involved in all stages of the product life cycle of products across the portfolio, managing strategic planning, feature prioritization, and tactical activities as they relate to the platform.
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders, you will own building and evangelizing content, collateral, and messaging that reflect our platform investments, strategy, and roadmap.
- You will work cross-functionally as both a participant and a lead in problem-solving discussions, working to break things down into solvable components.
- You will work closely with your stakeholder groups to define clear measurable objectives for your products and track and analyze key performance indicators informing the success of your products and initiatives.
Who You Are
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or similar field with 5-7 years of experience or graduate degree with 4-6 years of experience in product management or product delivery, preferably managing platforms primarily built using service-oriented architecture in a cloud environment.
- Experience with enterprise level platform architectures: PaaS, SaaS, and/or IaaS, required. Experience building and managing infrastructure and platform as a service at scale with Google Cloud, AWS, and/or Microsoft Azure, preferred.
- Excellent understanding of container management, application monitoring and logging, platform security, site reliability, continuous integration and delivery, etc.
- Excellent understanding of challenges that face engineers deploying large scale applications on cloud infrastructure and a vision for how great products can help.
- Knowledge of software engineering principles and agile development methodologies. Experience with creating user stories, grooming backlogs, planning sprints, and keeping the teams laser focused on deliverables.
- Experience working with a cross-functional split of operations and delivery (Product Management, Product Design, Software Engineering, Data Engineering and Data Science, Operations, Support, Finance, and Marketing), preferred.
- A demonstrated track record in achieving business results through innovative products in a high velocity environment.
- Your track record is based on your ability to evolve product strategy using industry research, data, and market trends.
- You have the ability to learn quickly and hit the ground running.
- You are a strong problem-solver with great communication and analytical skills.
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.