Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for a Business Development Associate that is highly skilled, highly self-motivated and highly passionate about working with potential clients as they adopt Zume’s revolutionary technology and platform. You’ll work closely with Zume’s leaders to establish, nurture, and grow partnerships with some of the biggest companies and governments around the world. This is an opportunity to grow and learn from an extraordinary team, and to help build Zume’s business development strategy from the ground up, focusing on promising verticals for expansion and go-to-market partnerships.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with potential clients to identify challenges and understand their business needs to establish the best solutions.
- Identify and help to develop strategic relationships with partners or potential customers.
- Assist in the development of a strong pipeline of new customers and projects in accounts through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting.
- Quickly build cross-discipline relationships in the Zume organization in order to effectively help generate input and capture needs from leadership and other teams in a collaborative way.
- Partner closely with the corporate strategy team; provide feedback and insights into your world to help inform platform strategy.
- Ongoing monitoring and analysis of partners to review performance and optimize accordingly to ensure partnership objectives are met with integrity and passion.
- Drive the execution of solutions proposed and sold to partners during close
Who You Are
- You have a history of unquestioned integrity.
- You have demonstrated marked excellence in previous endeavors. You can describe this excellence.
- You are proud to put extraordinary effort into your work and are extremely demanding of yourself.
- You effectively manage your time and work. You are self-motivated, you don’t miss deadlines, and you have a high sense of responsibility and personal accountability.
- You are a proven self-starter with a bias to action.
- You can demonstrate where you have planned and completed complex tasks with minimal oversight; you do not need heavy oversight, and you never need prodding.
- You have strong communication & presentation skills: you’re able to structure both verbal and written communications and engage an audience, and build trusting relationships, with senior executives in your own, and partner and prospect organizations.
- You thrive on working in highly capable, high passion and high speed teams. You are considered a empathetic and excellent teammate who can be relied on professionally at all times, yet you can maintain independent lines of thought.
- You thrive in a rapidly scaling startup environment. Rather than stress about ambiguity, you realize it is an opportunity to vision, to improve and to lead.
- You have demonstrated experience in managing complex client relationships and evaluation cycles, and working on, delivering or closing six figure deals.
- You are a nimble connector that gets people excited about and engaged in a product and process.
- You can manage prospecting efforts, business development processes,, late stage deals, and contracts all at the same time.
- You have the ability to travel up to 20% of your working days.
- At least 5 years of account management experience complex B2B products in mid-market, and enterprise accounts.
- Blended technology platform experience preferred (Software & Hardware)
- strong preference for someone with food industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences, marketing, economics, business administration, mathematics, or statistics.
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.