WHO WE ARE
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. We started by partnering people with technology to create a more thoughtful and efficient way to source, make, bake and deliver pizza. In the process, we are delivering an artisan pizza that takes care of the people who eat it and make it and even takes better care of the planet we all love—a planet 9 billion people will inhabit by mid-century.
The health and well-being of people and our planet is dependent upon sustainably feeding that population with wholesome, affordable food on a global scale. Zume is meeting this challenge with an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
We have an employee-first philosophy and we’re deeply committed to investing in the happiness, satisfaction, and success of everyone we work with. We are looking for a team who feels the same way! Join us as we change the way people think about food.
ROLE OVERVIEW: The Fleet Operations Manager is a critical front-line leadership role. You will be responsible for the success of Zume Trucks and ~75-100 team members (including hourly) within a specific geographic territory. This includes overseeing operations, financial performance, employee hiring/training/development, and client satisfaction. You will drive consistency of execution of Zume standards, policies, programs and systems. You effectively motivate, communicate, model behaviors, and remove barriers to enable maximum performance of the Zume Forward team and develop solutions that drive business results.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Leads a fast growing, geographically distributed team.Effectively communicates brand culture and strategy. Continuously discusses company goals and performance, and rallies engagement of the entire team. Functions as a team builder and coach.
- Recognizes and eliminates communication barriers; teaches and models good employee relations techniques; communicates important issues to Fleet Director and company leadership on a consistent basis; maintains documentation. Mitigates risk and escalates employment matters.
- Performs inspections on a routine basis at Zume Forward facilities and field hubs, collecting data and leveraging as a forum for discussion and coaching.
- Builds people capability through execution of bench planning and internal promotion processes. Ensures execution of the hiring selection process to hire only the best talent. Ensures all Team Members receive effective and timely performance evaluations and development plans as appropriate.
- Ensures financial controls are managed to plan; ensures reports and tools are consistently and effectively used to meet financial controls; manages and takes action on key performance indicators. Works effectively with functional support partners to drive business results.
- Ensures compliance with all municipal, state and national codes; conducts consultations according to Company guidelines.
- Serves as an information resource for entire business unit as well as peer group. Identifies and taps existing resources and utilizes creative problem solving when faced with a new challenge.
- Support and inform our long-term business, product, and services roadmap by maintaining consistent, data-centric visibility into business risks, opportunities, and key dependencies.
- Document, implement, and continuously improve core operational processes, including job costing, procurement and supply chain management, and quality control. Act as a market intelligence provider.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Engineering, Economics or other Technical degrees
- 2+ years of experience in logistics or fleet management or equivalent role
- 5+ years of team leadership experience, including hourly workforce
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- Self-starter and ultimate team player; willing and excited to roll up your sleeves and contribute to all parts of the operations process with a positive attitude.
- Experience in a consumer-facing startup with deep operational DNA
- Strong problem solving and execution skills with a high sense of urgency.
- Data-driven and detail oriented with a supremely high-quality bar.
- Great time management skills with the ability to prioritize and shift focus as needed.
- Strong follow-through skills, especially following up with multiple teams to get the information needed to resolve issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - able to write succinct messages and communicate clearly cross-functionally.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.