Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The People Generalist will work in collaboration with the People Business Partner(s) to support business operation. This position will support: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
What you’ll Do
- Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; helps prepare and maintain the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Supports benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Supports the development and maintenance of affirmative action program; assists in filing EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Supports recruitment efforts; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements when needed.
- Supports employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in team meetings, business unit meetings and other meetings and seminars.
- Helps maintain company organization charts.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Helps maintain human resource information system (HRIS) records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree or 4-5 years of equivalent experience.
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organization issues
- Effective influencer, communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener
- Excellent problem solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Analytically driven; can tell a story through numbers
- Experience with employee lifecycle (onboarding, transfers, performance cycles, leaves of absence and offboarding)
- Experience working on projects focused on the enhancement of the employee lifecycle through process improvements, automation, data & insights
- Comfortable operating in a constantly changing environment
- Experience helping organizations scale required
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Thrive in a diverse workforce and are passionate about supporting one
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.