Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Electrical Engineer for R&D will perform multi-disciplinary engineering design duties including designing, building, testing and documenting to collaborate on novel machinery, at all levels integral to the execution of the Zume commissary and truck platforms. This person will cooperate with other team members to design, build, test and manufacture systems for Zume and its customers. The design work will include end to end ownership from the initial concept and design requirements through manufacturing and production implementation. Experience and exposure to equipment related to automation, assembly, and test is preferred.
- Assist in identifying and providing solutions for gaps in Zume technology
- Design solutions from concept and simulated models
- Optimization of systems and designs
- Prototype design development, debug and validation
- Design and manufacture of appropriate quality test tooling (both hardware and software)
- Develop tools in a multidisciplinary R&D team.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with production engineering and business process stakeholders
WHO YOU ARE
- 3+ years industry experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical, Systems, Computer or Software Engineering.
- Understands electrical engineering and system design.
- You can develop circuits and software from design requirements and concepts to finished deliverable with minimal direction.
- Knowledge and practical skills in one or more other engineering disciplines.
- Experience in industry research and development environments.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with internal and external partners.
- Expert knowledge of tools for design and simulation in one or more engineering disciplines (e.g. Cad such as Orcad or Altium, Solidworks, software architectures, PLC controls simulation)
- Understanding of design constraints for food safety equipment a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% of your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
- Dog friendly office
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.