Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re pursuing some complex problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
You will be part of an amazing team of talented and passionate data experts. Help design and develop data visualizations that extract key insights, trends, and patterns from our data, which might otherwise go unnoticed.
You will partner closely with multiple teams including the Engineering, Science, and AI teams in order to build rich experiences with visualizations that tell amazing visual stories with data. You'll help develop with our business and customers to develop insights into our business and drive decisions and actions with data.
- You will help lead production processes and environments
- Develop, scale, and maintain our distributed systems
- Drive the development of service APIs used by system endpoints to communicate
- Implement customer facing features and integrate them with the Zume Platform
- Develop interfaces with IRL "things" to deliver good food to our customers
- Format data from REST API's into useful streams of information
- Integrate customer facing features into the Zume Platform
The core technology is node.js, typescript.js, express, vue.js, redis, rabbitmq, and postgres on heroku. We also use distributed systems that communicate with our one of a kind Bake-On-The-Way food delivery platform, food prep robotics, and several other SaaS providers.
- Experience building service oriented infrastructure and API driven systems
- Experience with PaaS production deployments, but not afraid to get down to nuts and bolts of bare metal operations
- Experience with delivering applications on the web, distributed systems, databases, and networks
- Experience with component-based Front-End frameworks (e.g. Vue, React, Angular 2)
- 5-10 years experience as a professional software engineer
- A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with our current stack
- Previous experience at a start-up
- Experience with delivery and logistics systems, particularly at scale
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via RSU's
- Unlimited PTO
- Daily catered lunch
- Dog friendly offices
- The opportunity to work with a deeply supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment for applicants with arrest and conviction records.