Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re pursuing some complex problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
You will be part of an amazing team of talented and passionate data experts. Help design and develop customer facing data products.
You will partner closely with multiple teams including the Engineering, Science, and AI teams in order to build rich experiences that help optimize supply and demand for our customers.
- You will help production processes and environments
- Drive the development of service APIs used by system endpoints to communicate
- Develop, scale, and maintain our distributed systems
- Bring together data from multitude of public and private sources to build insight
- Implement customer facing features and integrate them with the Zume Platform
- Develop interfaces with IRL "things" to deliver good food to our customers
- Format data from REST API's into useful streams of information
The core technology is Node.js, Python, TypeScript.js, Vue.js, Google Cloud, BigQuery, and sql. We integrate with many third party data suppliers and restaurant platforms
- Experience building service oriented infrastructure and API driven systems
- Experience with component-based Front-End frameworks (e.g. TypeScript, Vue, React, Angular 2)
- Experience with delivering applications on the web, distributed systems, databases, and networks
- 5-10 years experience as a professional software engineer
- A strong sense of ownership and team responsibility
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with our current stack, especially GCP
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience with GIS, especially geoJSON
- Previous experience at a start-up
- Experience with delivery and logistics systems, particularly at scale
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Ownership via RSU's
- Unlimited PTO
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with a deeply supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment for applicants with arrest and conviction records.