Who We Are
One-third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
As one of our first Recruiters supporting our manufacturing operations, you will play a key role in helping shape the organization's future by collaborating with colleagues across the company to consistently identify and attract brilliant people to our team. You will be constantly challenged to think creatively about how to drive hiring results. You will be part of a team that is responsible for developing, implementing, and executing a broad recruiting strategy, with a particular emphasis on sourcing high-quality candidates. This role is based in either our Mountain View or Camarillo office with a high possibility of travel to our other locations across the U.S.
What You'll Do
- Partner with hiring managers and recruiting teammates to develop, implement, and manage tactical sourcing and hiring strategies for all direct plant facility based positions.
- Work cross-functionally to develop our first scalable hiring and recruiting process.
- Manage the end-to-end recruiting process and create a world-class candidate experience.
- Build job descriptions and develop posting and interview strategies for maximum exposure.
- Perform outreach to prospective applicants to generate interest in Zume's and open positions.
- Screen and qualify prospective applicants.
- Coordinate and manage on-site interviews with hiring managers and coordinators.
- Represent and embody our company values.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about our mission and the future of food!
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, preferably focused on high volume manufacturing roles
- Have a high sense of urgency
- Strong familiarity with California wage & hour regulations as it pertains to non-exempt employees.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- You have demonstrated experience recruiting for various level roles
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve a common objective
- You are comfortable taking ownership of recruiting practices
- You thrive amongst ambiguity and are graceful under pressure
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50% to support hiring for new facilities
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.