Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume’s Communications team’s mission is to “Define and build Zume’s authentic and credible character, and empower our employees and external fans to advocate their love of our brand at scale.” This means partnering with key internal and external stakeholders to develop our corporate narrative and engaging these groups to help our company achieve its purpose of engineering the world’s transition to a sustainable food future.
What You'll Do
- Develop and manage strategic internal communications in partnership with the people and executive teams aligned to company mission and business strategies
- Oversee and coordinate all internal communication strategies across geographies
- Assist with speech writing, presentations and other content for executives for weekly and other company meetings
- Write talking points, FAQs, create employee communication materials on change management topics and issues affecting employees
- Provide counsel to senior executives including the CEO and people team on key relevant business matters
- Manage and drive company meetings (weekly, quarterly, annually)
- Be an inspiration for Zume people by creating programs that inspire and engage
- Coordinate the flow and the cadence of critical employee communications
- Support the People Team around employee brand building and execution
- Partner with Information Technology to identify, leverage and integrate technology that will increase the effectiveness and timeliness of internal communications
- Oversee content compilation of internal communications vehicles, including Intranet, email announcements, newsletters, webcasts/podcasts, Slack and presentations
- Ensure internal communications’ consistency and effectiveness by creating effective internal communication processes and guidelines; managing internal communications master calendar
- Assist the People Team with implementation of employee engagement surveys and communicating the results to employees
- Analyze and measure internal communication opportunities and results according to KPIs
- Manage budget and supervises support staff as needed
- Help drive communications through change management
Who You Are
- The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our values and purpose
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, human resources, business management preferred
- 7+ years internal communication and people/HR experience in a mission-driven company or a company with diverse satellite business location
- Flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across the business and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
- Be a genuine Zume ambassador who exemplifies the Zume culture in all communications and interactions
- Ability to influence and work with C-suite
- Hands-on, self-starter, results driven, energetic and creative
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to deliver multiple projects on time and on budget
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail while managing multiple projects at one time
- Self-motivated with initiative and excellent problem solving skills
- Strong writing, speech writing and excellent presentation skills required
- Be entrepreneurial, proactive with a “can-do” attitude
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions
- Have strong verbal and written communication, conflict resolution and influence management skills
- Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work each day!
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.