Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple. What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain. By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Reporting directly to the President of Zume Forward, the Vice President of Product Incubation will be a key member of the Zume leadership team and will be responsible for driving the efficiency, profitability, and scalability of a newly-established business line focused on developing and bringing to market new appliance and sensor technologies to enhance food delivery and food logistics infrastructure. The Vice President will bring extraordinary competence and expertise in designing, implementing, and scaling sales of business-to-business hardware technologies and leading large production and product organizations. As an innovative and entrepreneurial leader, the Vice President will play a critical role in creating and maintaining a customer centric culture of accountability, employee engagement and achieving operational excellence
What You'll Do
- Direct and manage Zume Appliance (IoT and sensors division) business plan development, including go-to-market strategy, pricing, customer engagement, and product roadmap development
- Craft and execute the long-term strategy and sound foundation for Zume’s Appliance operations. Develop the scalable processes, drive technology selection, and hire great talent that will position this business unit for optimal growth and unit profitability
- Plan, build, staff, and launch supply chain operations to support global production and distribution
- Establish key OKRs and reporting metrics across the organization and effectively develop strategies to achieve critical business goals
- Create and maintain a culture of speed, accountability, and employee engagement across all locations and disciplines
Who You Are
- Deep experience and domain knowledge in consumer technologies/sensors
- Experience with owning a P&L, building and operationalizing a business, and driving revenue through hyper-growth
- Experience building and launching production and supply chains
- Demonstrable history of building and leading sizable organizations and implementing large-scale processes, structures, and metrics to enable high growth
- Effectiveness in cross-functional collaboration across a diverse set of teams and functions.
- Deep understanding of how to leverage data and analytics to increase productivity and revenue
- History of success building teams from the ground up with an intuitive understanding of how to create a robust and dynamic organizational culture
- 10+ years in a leadership role
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.