Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
The Senior Director of Project Management will be responsible for establishing and managing the Project Management Office (PMO). This role will report directly to the President of Zume Forward and lead the Project Management Team. This person will establish standardized project management policies, processes and methodologies, and monitor all Zume Forward projects. You will also foster operational excellence across the Mobile Kitchen, Appliance, and Power businesses and during the Annual Long-Range Planning process. You will be expected to attain results through servant-style leadership, effective influencing of cross-functional business partners, and leading a team of Project Managers to drive cross-functional change management throughout the Zume Forward organization. This role will require extensive collaboration with different teams within Zume Forward, Engineering (Hardware & Software), Product Teams, and Customers.
What You'll Do
- Oversee Zume Forward project planning and project execution, resource management and allocation, issue/risk management, and project management of the PMO; identifies and communicates performance drivers to ensure visibility; provides weekly and monthly performance updates to senior executives; provides planning, budgeting, and project management directed at achievement of short and long-term business goals in the PMO portfolio.
- Build and implement Zume Forward strategies for specific projects by collaborating with leadership to develop the functional strategic business plans; contributes to multi-year plans to provide visibility to expected performance improvements; supervises and leads the program and project staff to oversee the impacts and interdependencies between programs and works to ensure initiatives meet the company and product goals; may manage the execution within selected individual projects; develops and maintains lessons-learned inputs for utilization on future projects; develops and maintains a PMO governance structure for the entry, tracking, and reporting of all product development projects capturing performance-based metrics, risk, scope issues, and is forward looking to improve inefficiencies.
- Create strategies for own organization that align with the Company’s strategies and lead to the achievement of business priorities; pursues initiatives, investments, and opportunities that fit with and support Company strategies; assesses deliverables against leading industry practices and implements plans that leverage Company advantages; works through different strategic options and determines their intended and unintended implications, and applies findings to business planning.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application.
- Ensures that business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consults with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; solicits, evaluates, and applies suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Leads personnel, providing work plans, tracking status of tasks, determining technical training needs, leveraging a range of skills across project teams.
- Provides servant-style leadership. Develops talent and succession plans for own organization that increases effectiveness, builds diversity, and enhances bench strength; mentors, guides, and sponsors the development of key talent.
Who You Are
- PMP certification or formal education in Project Management
- 5+ years’ experience managing a PMO or similar group
- MBA or MS
- Six Sigma/Lean methodology certification
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Project Management methodologies, product development life cycle, and design controls
- Considerable demonstrated expertise in planning, budgeting, and project management directed at achievement of short and long-term business goals
- Demonstrated change management leadership capabilities to drive significant process and behavioral change throughout an organization
- Food and technology experience preferred
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.