WHO WE ARE
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
ABOUT ZUME’S CORPORATE GROWTH TEAM
Zume’s Corporate Growth team has three interconnected areas, all aimed at different aspects of driving revenue growth and profitability for the company. The first, Business Development, leads prospective customer and partner selection, outreach, and commercial engagement. The Corporate Development arm is responsible for leading all transactions and evaluating buy vs. build vs. partner decisions for top-line growth, efficiency improvements and balance sheet optimization. Finally, the Accelerate arm is responsible for the strategic direction of the business and operates on three horizons:
- INTERNAL CONSULTING: Executing projects for current Zume business units and executive leadership, aimed at tackling some of their most challenging problems and opportunities
- INCUBATION (“IMAGINE”): Incubating nascent business opportunities through initial stages of business design, business case development, operational readiness and early go-to-market strategy/commercialization
- CORPORATE STRATEGY: Identifying overarching corporate strategic challenges and opportunities, developing strategic initiatives to address them, making determinations about where to play and how to win, and how to optimize investments to achieve strategic objectives on a multi-year time horizon
Across each of these ‘Accelerate’ areas, the team works in a project-model, leveraging a pool of internal consulting resources (or, in some cases, managing external consultants) to execute against the project scope and objectives.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for (Sr) Director of Corporate Strategy who is highly skilled, highly self-motivated and highly passionate about forming the strategy for this special firm. In this role, you will work closely with our leaders and lead a team of Associates and Analysts to develop, plan, and execute Zume’s mission-critical initiatives. By joining the early stages of our hyper growth organization, you’ll play an integral part in building the corporate strategy function and the direction of the organization as a whole. In this role you will:
- Look ahead to future technological developments and changes in the marketplace and keep Zume well positioned to take advantage of both; identify new markets and sources of potential growth; recommend new approaches to maintain our competitive edge.
- Provide market and trend intelligence to drive business unit decisions
- Cultivate strong relationships with business unit partners across the company to inform and align strategy work, and to actively support the transition from recommendation to execution
- Leverage data to champion strategic acquisitions and partnerships
- Partner with business development on strategy for new customer engagements and customer onboarding
- Support C-Suite-level decision making and requests for information
- You are able to travel up to 20% of your time.
- Minimum 9 years of experience in a fast-paced, demanding work environment (ideally with customer/client orientation) such as management consulting
- Experience in either in-house corporate strategy, start-up environment or other setting in which new concepts and businesses are systematically evaluated, operationalized and commercialized
- Experience managing teams in a project setting, ideally cross-functional teams
- Examples of analytical problem solving skills, including strong business judgment and the ability to identify and synthesize insights from analysis
- Examples of having served as a trusted collaborator and advisor to senior executives
- High achieving academic background BA/BS degree in hard sciences, marketing, economics, business administration, mathematics, statistics or similar discipline preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
*Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.