Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume is looking for a Business Development guru to join as a key member of our business. This is an exciting opportunity to be the driving force in developing relationships with strategic partners and potential clients as they adopt Zume’s revolutionary technology and platform. Working closely with the e-Team and tech teams, our Business Development leaders will be instrumental in defining our growth strategy and prioritizing promising verticals for expansion, as well as executing go-to-market partnerships with strategic partners.
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute partnership strategies for key verticals, including established and evolving aspects of the Zume business.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Finance, Ops and Sales teams to identify and engage potential Partners to enhance our product functionality and distribution.
- Own Partner relationship end-to-end, from initial, scoping to negotiations and execution.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the deployment of partnerships, including creative, legal, finance, product, comms, support, operations, etc.
- Foster and build a team of incredibly talented diverse individuals to execute on and contribute to Zume’s growth strategy.
Who you are:
- You have a history of unquestioned integrity.
- You have demonstrated marked excellence in previous endeavors. You can describe this excellence.
- You are proud to put extraordinary effort into your work and are extremely demanding of yourself.
- Can point to proven success developing new markets, launching new technologies and business solutions, and expanding growth in existing markets.
- Marry unquestioned integrity with a passion for excellence in your work, and nurturing excellence from your teams.
- Clearly have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate complex deals.
- Communicate regularly and well with C-level executives.
- Recognize the value in, and ensure your teams have strong reporting, project management, analytical and prioritization skills.
- Understand new and existing Software technology, including AI, machine learning, and more
- Are willing and able to travel over 25% of your weeks
- Industry experience in food/perishable supply chain, food technology, food and beverage, delivery, or consumer products
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business development, investment banking, management consulting, private equity, operations, or a similar role
- Minimum 5 years in people management position
- Experience with B2B SaaS and/or technology partnerships.
- Experience in hardware or consumer goods a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills and proven ability to create effective sales tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS/Masters in Economics, Business, Engineering, or other quantitative areas
- High growth or early-stage startup experience a plus
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.