Who We Are
One third of the world’s food goes to waste. Which means all the water, energy, and greenhouse gases used to produce that food is wasted with it. This is a problem with a $990 billion price tag for the food industry and an even bigger one for the planet. But we believe the solution is simple.
What if we could eliminate waste by better balancing the supply and demand of food?
Zume uses predictive analytics and real-time food consumption data to predict customer demand, match it with production, and enable food companies to make smarter decisions across the food supply chain.
By connecting all the pieces of the food supply chain, we enable our partners to make better decisions for their business, their customers, and the planet we all call home.
We’re tackling some of the world’s biggest problems, and we need your help to solve them. If you want to take on something different in your career, we’d love to meet you.
Zume, Inc. is looking for an exceptionally smart, multitasking and self-motivated Executive Assistant to support the Chief Revenue Officer for all administrative duties, strategic needs, and special project requests. The ideal candidate will be based in our Seattle, WA or Mountain View, CA office. This is a vital role to Zume, Inc. and requires proactive engagement with a distributed team across various cities and requires proactive support of the executives with a mastery of time management, calendars, travel, events, expenses and productivity improvements.
What You'll Do
- Effectively and proactively manage multiple complex calendars according to changing team and company priorities, while anticipating conflicts and solving scheduling issues with high attention to detail and effective communication
- Handle day-to-day administrative duties: Prepare and edit internal and external correspondence and presentations, assemble documents and supplies as needed to support business activities, help track and drive completion of deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Respond quickly to requests and communicate effectively, adjust schedules on the fly to accommodate executive needs
- Adapt quickly to changing executive, team and company priorities, while being able to anticipate and proactively suggest solutions to conflicts
- Coordinate and schedule domestic and international meetings, travel and lodging as needed
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Stay abreast of developing needs and requirements and act as an information source for the executives: Develop and contribute to a comprehensive knowledge of general office procedures at Zume
- Serve as a key member of the leadership team and be a positive contributor to the full team’s culture and experience of the team
- Work closely with other executive assistants, to assist in the coordination of company-wide and business initiatives, various meetings, events, all hands, leadership meetings and other ad hoc needs
- Look for opportunities to streamline the executives’ workflow
- Perform other job duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 5+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably in a technology start-up environment or comparable fast-paced business supporting the C-Suite and/or sales organization.
- Prior experience with managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong business acumen and ability to anticipate next
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Maturity: Exhibit the highest level of confidentiality, discretion, integrity and trustworthiness with sensitive information. Ultra-dependable. Always able to positively represent your executives and Zume.
- Structured in Approach: Analytical, organized and conscientious while still able to be flexible, patient and open-minded, in times of shifting priorities
- A Self-Starter: Seek to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and with maturity; be collaboratively creative and a proactive problem-solver
- A Great Communicator: Strong written and verbal skills; use tact and diplomacy when interfacing different personalities within and outside of Zume
- Technically Skilled: Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint / Google Suite, Adobe and expense systems
- A Great Team Member: Have a strong cultural fit and work ethic with Zume and the People Team
- Reliable and Flexible: Comfortable working 40 hours per week with availability outside of regular business hours for urgent matters or planning needs; Flexibility to match executive’s schedule when needed
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.